Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Message from the President: Whitney Houston and more

By Doug Ruffin
     President,
     Boston Music Coalition


I am stunned about the news of Whitney Houston’s passing on Saturday. Her voice stands out for me and that is what is memorable to me. All the other hearsay, rumors and news reports in the days and weeks to come mean little to me at all. Whitney Houston’s struggles are matters of her personal life and her music is a gift that will live on for centuries.  Her voice filled the Boston Garden as the surprise guest at the Kiss 108 concert in the 80s. Jennifer Hudson’s tribute at the Grammy’s was superb. I cannot think of anyone else who could have honored Whitney Houston so well.  

The heading of this blog promises you more and here it is. A good friend of mine introduced me to Natalie Turgeon, a country music singer from New Hampshire. Wait … Don’t scroll down .. She’s really good and can sing, or better yet, she can Sang! Let me do you the favor my friend did for me and introduce Natalie Turgeon to you. Natalie Turgeon is this weeks’ Boston Music Coalitions’ Video of The Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment