Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hugh Laurie and my friend Jean McClain a/k/a Pepper Mashay, on tour and on Jay Leno Tonight!

A Message from the President

By Doug Ruffin
     President,
     Boston Music Coalition



Music has been my life for all of my life but I have not been active in the music industry until the day I set foot in Miami’s Winter Music Conference, back in’05. It changed my life. I met a lot of great people and most are still great friends now. One of them is Jean McClain a/k/a Pepper MaShay. She has introduced me to a lot of people and continues to be a motivating force behind all of my music business activity. A year or so before that, I experienced a heart attack and the first night I could sit up and watch TV, Hugh Laurie was on as DR House and the episode was about, among all things, a heart attack. That episode changed my life and moved me from an ordinary positive person with a dream to the winning grown up most of you know today. So you’ll excuse the life bias interest in the “Tonight Show with Jay Leno”, 11:35 PM EST on NBC. My friend, Jean McClain joins Hugh Laurie a/k/a Dr House, as they launch on a tour that will take them though many parts of the world and yes, the US. TV has a long tradition of live music performances and live music events. So it’s fitting that just before the tour starts, everyone with a TV can access a taste of some good ol’ hot, swampy Louisiana blues music they’re likely to perform tonight.

So stay up tonight and catch a short tease of the music, then click a mouse and find the tour. You never know, it could change your life.


Resources:

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno: http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show

Hugh Laurie Music, Tour and information: http://hughlaurieblues.com   

   



No comments:

Post a Comment