Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Friday Night with Rhythm and Pearls


By: Doug Ruffin
     President,
     Boston Music Coalition. 

Imagine this; You interview singers, write blogs about live music in Boston and still hip enough to check out world class DJs who spin at Boston area clubs. Yeah, that's me. Add to the image that I am wearing my signature top hat and my hot, beautiful lady is on my arm.

So then; What do you think I'm doing on a Friday Night? Partying with Pete Tong (one of the worlds greatest Club DJ / Producer / Dance Music Radio announcers) spinning at a club in Boston? No, not me. Last Friday Night I was in a church basement having dinner. And if you could just stop laughing for just a minute ... You are gonna wish you were there too.

Dinner and the opportunity to network with fellow worshipers in a cool relaxed fashion was topped off with live music from a trio of great ladies known as Rhythm and Pearls. Not knowing what to expect .. I mean .... its Church. But I gotta tell ya' They blew me away!

Rhythm and Pearls is made up of musical sugar, spice and everything nice who's members include Allison, Barbara and Sara. with a pianist, Neil to company the vocals. If you are thinking, "Wilson Phillips" Think again and give them a listen. You will hear great harmony, strong voices and the unique ability to bring a soulful sound to each and every word in each and every song they perform. To see Rhythm and soul is to be treated to dance moves reflective of the decade the song is from. Rhythm and Pearls is a group that solutes the girl groups. They could have done that with a focus on ..lets say .. Motown. But they perform songs from several eras including some pop from today.

This group had me up on the dance floor with several others in the mood to party with some good wine in the mix. Yeah that's where you could find me Friday Night. Good Food, a Good Bar and even greater Music from the group Rhythm and Pearls in the basement at Trinity Church. Whatever you did on Friday ... I'll bet you wish you were me.

RESOURCES

Who is this DJ? Pete Tong? Click and find out.
www.petetong.com 

Get More Live Music Events from Trinity Church in Boston 

Think You Know Rhythm And Pearl? Get Music, video and more info

Get Music News, Blogs and videos from the Boston Music Coalition
www.BostonMusicCoalition.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment