Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Phantom Gourmet: The Flavor of Music and BBQ

By Doug Ruffin
President,
Boston Music Coalition


The weekly event listing for all of you who love music as part of your nightlife may remember that I listed the Phantom Gourmet BBQ Beach Party as an event in last weeks Nightlife Nexus article. I don’t just write this stuff, pending my schedule; I often go to the events I list.

I love BBQ. So, thinking the food would trump the music; I went to get my grub on. I was ready for the real deal ribs and chicken. All set and ready, I arrived and started to get down … to the music!  I went Saturday night and caught the Felix Brown Band. One of several artists and bands who played throughout the weekend during the annual phantom Gourmet event held this year at City Hall Plaza.

Saturday was cool and rainy most of the day. As was Friday, as was Sunday. But it cleared up on Saturday night and the music from the Felix Brown Band warmed up the night with a well diverse play list of songs to perform they kept everyone dancing!

Also performing throughout the weekend was, Andy Grammer and Matt Nathanson on Friday. On Sunday, Larry and the Birds performed.

Boston offers a lot of fun choices for party people and Families. When you combine the mix of music and good food, you’re talkin’ about a Phantom Gourmet event.

Resources

Phantom Gourmet

Catch the Phantom Gourmet BBQ Beach Party Video


Performers:

Andy Grammer

Felix Brown Band

Click the link for music and information about the Felix Brown Band. http://felixbrown.com/live/


Larry & The Birds


Matt Nathanson

No comments:

Post a Comment